Transform to Survive: A Sustainable Future for all?
On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of UN Bonn, UNU-EHS is organizing a virtual panel discussion on creating innovative solutions to global crises and triggering the transformation towards an inclusive, equitable and sustainable future. Together with partners in the Bonn Alliance for Sustainability Research, the panel will bring together key thought leaders from research, government and the UN to outline the framework for future-ready science-policy cooperation in and from Bonn.
Time: 3 September 2021 3–5 p.m. CEST
- Isabel Pfeiffer-Poensgen, Minister of the Ministry of Culture and Science of the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia (MKW)
- Wilfried Kraus, Deputy Director General of the Directorate “European and International Cooperation in Education and Research”, Federal Ministry of Research and Education (BMBF)
- Katja Dörner, Lord Mayor of the City of Bonn
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Michael Hoch, Rector of the University of Bonn
- Prof. Dr. Anna-Katharina Hornidge, Director of the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
- Prof. Dr. Hartmut Ihne, President of the Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS)
Tina Birmpili, Deputy Executive Secretary, United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- Dr. Youssef Nassef, Director of the Adaptation Division, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Dr. Shen Xiaomeng, Vice-Rector in Europe of the United Nations University and Director of UNU-EHS
- Arianna Flores Corral, Communication Associate at the United Nations University, Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)