United Nations Volunteers programme
The UNV programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
Every year, about 6,500 United Nations Volunteers, including 1,000 UN Youth Volunteers, contribute to the effective delivery of the peace and development interventions of UN system partners. Additionally, more than 11,000 UN Online Volunteers contribute to peace and sustainable development over the Internet.
UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Head of Organization
Executive Coordinator of the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme
United Nations Volunteers
Postfach 260 111
D-53153 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228-815 2000
Fax: +49 (0)228-815 2001
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
D-53113 Bonn, Germany
- 17 December 2019Enhancing Security, Co-existence and Refugee Protection Through Refugee Outreach VolunteersEnglish
- 04 December 2019International Volunteer Day: Advancing disability inclusionEnglish
- 12 September 2019UNV and the State of Palestine Partner to Enhance Volunteering for the 2030 AgendaEnglish
- 13 August 2019International Youth Day 2019: Role of Mentors & Enhancing Education by Volunteering English
- 22 July 2019UNV's Ebola Emergency Response to Support WHO in DRC English
- 04 April 2019UNV Supports the Efforts of UN Women Towards Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment in AfricaEnglish
- 08 February 2019UNDP Leadership Week at UN Campus Bonn: The driving force of the UN reform agendaEnglish
- 07 February 2019UNV and UNFPA partner on Young Innovators Fellowship ProgrammeEnglish
- 23 January 2019Driving Better Humanitarian Outcomes Through Communication and Coordination in SudanEnglish