Unveiling the 21 Finalists of the 2019 UN SDG Action Awards!
The UN SDG Action Awards recognize individuals, civil society organizations, subnational governments, foundations, networks, and private sector leaders who are advancing the global movement for the Sustainable Development Goals in the most transformative, impactful and innovative way.
This year, the selection process has been harder than ever with more than 2000 excellent applications from 142 countries. Now a judging panel of more than 20 leaders will select one winner per category out of the 3 finalists. You can have a role and like & share your favorites to win the People’s Choice Award.
These are the seven award categories:
- VISUALIZERS: Using visual or creative representations of data to influence decision-makers and the public of the importance of the SDGs
- STORYTELLERS: Capturing powerful human stories to help communicate the interconnectedness of the SDGs in people’s lives through different mediums
- MOBILIZERS: Mobilizing individuals, organizations or networks for collective action for the SDGs
- CREATIVES: Harnessing artistic expression to spur SDG Action and awareness through creativity, empowering and connecting people
- INCLUDERS: Ensuring that excluded groups become part of the SDG dialogue and decision making in their community or at international levels.
- CONNECTORS: Engaging multiple stakeholders or building networks to generate the transformational change needed to make the SDGs a reality
- CAMPAIGNERS: Local, national and international communications campaign to raise public awareness about the SDGs and people’s role in SDG action
The 21 finalists’ initiatives show how innovation, creativity and commitment can lead to impactful SDG actions around the world. These initiatives serve as an inspiration to the growing community of SDG change-makers and influencers taking action for the Goals. The winner of each category, along with the People’s Choice Award, will be announced at the SDG Action Awards Ceremony, on 2 May 2019 at 18:00 CET at the SDG Global Festival of Action.
Join the movement and watch the winners receive their prize in person on via live broadcast on UN WebTV: http://webtv.un.org/