Photo competition “25 years United Nations in Bonn”
Are you an amateur or professional photographer who loves the City of Bonn? Don’t miss your chance to enter our #UNBonn25 Photo Competition!
Am I eligible to participate?
You are eligible to participate as long as:
– you are at least 18 years old
– you are the owner or copyright holder of the photo entry/entries
What should my photo show?
Photos should show at least one building that belongs to the United Nations in Bonn. This includes the Langer Eugen, Haus Carstanjen, Altes Abgeordneten Haus, Altes Wasserwerk and the new building.
We want you to capture interesting moments showcasing the United Nations in Bonn in different lights, seasons and from different perspectives.
Do’s and Don’ts
– Use a camera that can output a high-resolution photo with a minimum of 3000 pixels on the longest side with 300 DPI/PPI setting. Exempted from this are photos taken using mobile phones in the highest resolution (the acceptance of the entry is based on the quality and is subject to our decision).
– Ensure that you have the approval/consent of the people in the picture.
– Don’t submit an entry of a photo collage (multiple photos on one frame).
– Don’t put watermarks, signature or any overlays on your picture.
– Don’t send pictures that are not related to the United Nations in Bonn.
When is the submission deadline?
All photos must be submitted using the submission form on or before 31 October 2021 to email@example.com
What can I win?
The winners of the #UNBonn25 Photo Competition will receive the following prizes:
1st prize – Visit to the Langer Eugen
2nd prize – UN Bonn goodie bag
3rd prize – UN Bonn goodie bag
Winning photographers and finalists will receive a certificate, and their entries will be featured on the UN Bonn website and across various social media platforms.
Reminder: Please read through the submission process before sending in your photos!
– All entries should be submitted with a title, a brief paragraph (not more than 75 words) explaining the context of the photo, along with where and when it was taken.
– All photos submitted should be in jpeg format. It will be an advantage to submit Raw/Tiff files. The longer side should be at least 3,000 pixels. The entrants are allowed to digitally manipulate entries slightly and state the nature of manipulation. Please do not include any marks, logos, watermarks, or borders in your photos.
– Your photos should at least one UN Bonn building.
How to submit
After taking your photo/s:
1. Add a title and write a short description for every photo.
2. Rename the photo/s in this format: Lastname-Firstname_title.jpeg (example: Mustermann-Max_LangerEugen.jpeg/.tiff)
3. Make sure you agree with the Terms and Conditions. (Also found in the submission form)
4. UN Bonn 25 Photo Competition Submission Form form and rename the form in this format: Lastname-Firstname_SAPC20_SF.docx (Note that the insert picture/thumbnail function may not work for MSWord97-2003 versions)
5. Send the completed form (with thumbnails of the pictures) along with the original photo files to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following email subject heading Last name_SAPhotoCompetition2020. Note that the attachment size may have a limit. In case of multiple entries that cannot be sent via email, you can use any cloud storage servers you prefer and provide us with the direct link (no sign-up required) to download. WeTransfer is an example of an online file-sharing service.
1. Upon submission, UN Bonn will filter entries in compliance with the basic terms and conditions. You will not receive an acknowledgement of submission, but all entries will be processed.
2. The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
- Adherence to the theme
- Uniqueness of the concept/shot
- Innovative means of delivering the message
3. Photographers will be informed via email that their entries have been shortlisted.