City of Bonn and UN Bonn celebrate International Women's Day
“Exchange, celebrate, inform”: The City of Bonn is celebrating the International Women’s Day 2022 with a wide range of activities, intended to enable exchange, promote offers and celebrate the day together - for the first time jointly with actors who are committed to women's rights and more equity in our society and in our city.
In celebration of International Women’s Day, the City of Bonn will host an event in cooperation with the Network Gender@International Bonn and its partner, the Center for Green Growth in Ghana, to connect the dots between two priority agendas: the climate emergency and the gender gap. Join the virtual panel:
Closing the Climate Gap:
How Gender Equality is Key to our Climate Future
Friday, 11 March 2022, 6 – 7.30 pm, zoom (language: English, no translation available)
In this 90 minute virtual panel, UN Bonn officials, decision-makers, researchers, practitioners and activists will discuss how gender equity drives better climate action.
- Katja Dörner, Mayor of Bonn
- Patricia Espinosa, Executive Secretary, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Dr. Ursula Sautter, Vice Chair UN Women Germany
- Dr. Dennis Lucy Aviles Irahola, Chair ZEF Gender Group, University of Bonn
- Stephanie Eyram Akrumah Director of Project Development and Socioeconomic Impact at the Centre for Green Growth (CenGG), National Dialogue on Climate Change Adaptation, Ghana
- Fiona Marker, Board Member Germanwatch e.V. , Member of Students4Future
Moderator: Amanda Coulson-Drasner, Deutsche Welle Environment.
More activities and events in Bonn
Bonn Equality Office has involved a large number of associations and organizations that are active and committed to women's and equality issues in our city, as well as municipal offices, in a comprehensive program on March 8, 2022.
The colorful program (mostly in German) presents lectures on various topics, city tours on “Women power in Bonn” and a screening of “Die Unbeugsamen” (≈ “the indomitable”).
In addition, a conference on “Equal Care Day” will take place on 1 March, the exhibition “WE ARE! New Women's Movement and Feminist Art. 100 Years of Women's Political Awakening, Part 3" will be opened on 6 March and a virtual event on “Equal Pay Day” will take place on 15 March.
This format will be continued in the coming years.