City of Bonn and UN Bonn celebrate International Women's Day
“Exchange, celebrate, inform”: The City of Bonn is commemorating International Women’s Day 2023 with a wide range of activities, to enable exchange, promote offers and celebrate the day together jointly with other Bonn based actors committed to women's rights and to more equity in our society and in our city.
In celebration of International Women’s Day, the City of Bonn will host an event in cooperation with the Network Gender@International Bonn and its new member, the Gender Group of the Center for Development Research (ZEF) at the University of Bonn.
The event highlights the situation and contributions of women in times of crises and violent conflict.
FEMALE FACES OF CONFLICT: WOMEN AT THE FOREGROUND OF WAR, PEACE AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE
Thursday, 9 March 2023, 5 – 6.30 pm, zoom (language: English, no translation available)
- Katja Dörner, Mayor of Bonn
- Andrea Meza Murillo, Deputy Executive Secretary, United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- Elvan Isikozlu, Head of Advice and Scientific Transfer, Bonn International Centre for Conflict Studies (BICC)
- María Cárdenas, Research Associate at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main
- Olga Demianenko, Head of International Affairs, City of Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Elizabeth Ndunda, PhD. candidate at ZEF, University of Bonn (Kenya)
- Dr. Dennis Lucy Aviles Irahola, ZEF Gender Group, University of Bonn
Moderator: Amanda CoulsonDrasner, Deutsche Welle Environment